Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Soccer Tournament--"Mud Pies, Anyone?"

Natalie and I just got back from her soccer tournament. I was really looking forward to the warm weather of St. George and watching Natalie play, but on the first day it was only 37 degrees and rained all day. The tournament was held on a turf farm and the parking lot turned into solid mud. Cars were sliding and many became stuck. Natalie had two games on this day and was very cold and wet. She played 3 games on Monday and the fields were even muddier from two days of solid rain. Needless to say, instead of enjoying a lot of sun, I did many loads of laundry. It was a very memorable trip.
This was the parking lot!! ha it was crazy!!!
Natalie's team after winning one of their games and diving into the mud to celebrate (Natalie with red headband).
My cool rain boots my friend and I developed because we had already ruined one pair of shoes. Some guy told us, "great idea, but a little dorky." ha ha I didn't want to ruin my Dansko shoes!!

Natalie after her championship game. They came in 2nd place.
Everyone had checked out of the hotel by the time the team played their last game--so we took all the girls to the car wash and sprayed them off and they changed in the car before heading home. :)

4 comments:

RayAnne said...

Joseph spent several hours cleaning his prized cleats when he came home. I was surprised how much of the mud actually came out. As a kid I loved playing soccer in the rain and mud, but am not sad I missed sitting in the rain and tromping through the mud to watch the kids play. Hope Natalie had fun despite the yucky weather!

Alison said...

I love the plastic bag boots. Great mom idea!

Becca said...

I love that they got a shower in the car wash - hillarious!!

Mary Mary said...

What a great memory. The car wash made me laugh and I love your ingenious booties.