Friday, April 11, 2008

Caroline's B-day Party


The mystery of the missing party gloves.......Caroline had all her chums come over to help her solve a mystery for her birthday party.   The girls search and found some clues, interviewed neighbors which they gave lemon bars to and deciphered codes till they finally found the gloves. They loved using their flashlights when it became dark.  They also loved playing some detective games like find the "bomb" (a ticking timer) that they took turn hiding in the basement.  The girls all went home with vintage gloves and hankies, notepad, pen, and a headband.  My sister Al made Caroline a sleuthing bag like Nancy Drew used in the movie.  It turned out great and Caroline loved it. Caroline lately has been pretending to be Nancy Drew when she plays with her friend Alexis.  This inspired the party.  I think I enjoyed planning this party so much because when I was her age I loved Nancy Drew too and often pretended to solve my own made up mysteries. 

3 comments:

Mommymita said...

Fun party! I love the way you set the table with vintage table cloth and china.

Mary said...

Sounds like a fun party!

Mommily said...

Mary--How do I get to your blog?
Emily