Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Home Evening--The "bummer" Soccer Game



Jake enthusiastically listening to the game as he reads his book. :)
Josh and Joseph were on the blanket playing cards as they "watched"
Natalie all ready for the second half of game.
Natalie getting plowed into and fouled.  

She fell very hard on her back and tail bone.  She was in such terrible pain that I dropped her and John at the ER for X-rays and took the rest of the family home.  I returned to the ER and 2 1/2 hours later found out that she had no broken bones but a badly bruised tail bone.  When we returned home I was happy to see the kids had cleaned the house and made cards for Natalie.  
It is very painful for her to sit, so the doctor gave her a "donut" pillow to use.  She is not very thrilled to bring this "donut" to school for the next few week, but she covered it with a cute pillow case when she left this morning.  I told her it makes a great conversation piece. :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear about her pain! I have had that happen to me (not at a soccer game) :) and it took a long time to heal and really hurt! I hope she has a speedy recovery!

Mommymita said...

Ouch! That happened to me once when I fell down the stairs. It hurt so bad that it made me feel like I was going to throw up everytime I sat down.

Don't let anyone slip a whoopie cushion into your pillow case that would be funny though

Cathy said...

Way to get a battle wound from the soccer game! Sounds like a fun family home evening!

Dad Wirthlin said...

Pretty evil look on that gal tripping up Natalie.