Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Enrichment Meeting: Mother/Daughter Luau-Camp-out



Every August our ward has a mother-daughter camp out. I never get much sleep but this is one event that we never miss. This year I was in charge of the event and we did a Luau theme. My Samoan friend, Sharon, taught some of the girls traditional Hawaiian dances for an authentic Luau show. It was fabulous!! I did tell Natalie after the performance that she was not allowed to move her hips like that at her school dances. :) Caroline loved playing night games with all the other girls around the property. Natalie loved learning the hula and slap dance. I was thrilled that everything went relatively smoothly. I think we had about 150 people attend. I discovered a yummy roasted marshmallow treat.

Camp fire lemon meringue "pie" treat:
1 Sandie brand shortbread cookie
dollop of lemon curd (buy at store--looks like pudding)
1 roasted marshmallow.

2 comments:

Amy G said...

Emily you and your girls are so beautiful! You look like their sister instead of their mom!!! Sounds like an amazing campout!

Chris Hash said...

Thanks Emily you did a great job!