Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How many women does it take to make a Souffle?


My book group just read My Life in France by Julia Childs. Last night we attempted one of Julia Child's recipes in her cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. We were all a little apprehensive and intimidated to make her souffle recipe, but had a blast during the process. I think Stacey had Julia Child's accent down the best!! I realized this recipes and probably many others in the cookbook are not too practical and my children would like German pancakes just as well. Caroline, however said she wants this cookbook for her birthday. :)

5 comments:

Cathy said...

The souffle looks really good! You'll have to put it in the recipe book!

Heidi said...

It looks like it was fun! I wish I could've been there, but Parker and Malia both had games that night. I think the souffle looks lovely!

Le Roy Wirthlin said...

Now that is a souffle.. oi tried it once in Michigan but I think itwas when we had that old oven

How about doing one up here.. that looks really yummy

Love, Dad

Mommymita said...

Paul just rented that movie for me and it did make me hungry

how did it taste?

Mary said...

The picture is making my mouth water.

Did you see the movie, Julie & Julia?