Monday, July 5, 2010

Pioneer trek

AUGGGG!!! I couldn't get the movie to download-- to see a short video of this awesome trek I put it on my boys blog.

Last week I went on a pioneer trek with Josh, Natalie and Jake. It was a wonderful experience. It help us all gain a greater understanding of the faith and courage the pioneers had. I feel it helped my teenagers realize that they could do hard things too and that even though they do not have to pull handcarts across the country, that they have strength and courage to face their own challenges and trials. Before going, we read stories about a couple of our own pioneers ancestors-William Lobark Skidmore and Leopold Wirthlin.
Me trying a black powder rifle. :)
Natalie helping push
All dressed and ready to go----Natalie did not like the "grandma" clothes she had to wear.

3 comments:

Amy G said...

Emily, what a great video...loved the music you put to it, made me tear up!!! We have a great heritage and this is great for the kids to re-inact it and appreciate it. Jaime went to our pioneer trek a few weeks back and had a wonderful experience.

Mommymita said...

I think the clothes look comfy!

Mary Mary said...

I've always wanted to go on a trek. I like the picture of you with the rifle.