Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Joshua starts school---BYU Idaho!!



Kids in front of Josh's apartment

On Labor day we took Josh to Rexburg, Idaho to get checked in and ready for college. He is living in a 6 man apartment. He knows one of the boys from our home town and the other boys seem really nice. We bought Josh the meal plan so he will not have to worry about cooking and will be able to focus on studying. He bought his books, got his ID card, and signed up for his freshman orientation. We are very proud of Josh. Josh was very excited and eager to get started. I shed a few tears as I hug him good-bye. I can't believe he is old enough to be on his own. :( I think it was harder for me to send Josh to college because he is 6 hours away compared to Johnny who is only 20 minutes away at BYU.

BYUI is a great campus, it reminds me of a mini BYU. Everyone was friendly and there were a lot of sharp students there. I know this is going to be a great experience for Josh. Our house feels very empty with just the four children left at home and my heart very heavy as I realize that now it will be rare to have all my children under the same roof together for long periods of time. Missing my 2 boys already!!!

4 comments:

Christina, knick name Bina said...

AWWW you got me all teary...I hate thinking about Ally leaving some day, sooo hard. You are a great mom.

Amy G said...

How exciting for Josh! Time flies...I can remember when he was born! Erica will be back up there at BYU-I in January! She loves that school! Congrats to Josh!

Mommymita said...

Can he really be that grown up?! He'll have a great time!

Tracie said...

Emily! We are two blocks from campus! Come see us when you pick him up or come to visit! Tracie Cloward