Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pizza




Every week usually Friday I bake pizza.  These just came out of the oven and the kids are anxiously waiting to eat them.   I have yet to make a perfectly round pizza, but abnormal shape makes them unique. When I serve pizza I always serve fruit shake which is loaded with frozen berries and other fruits.  I also put frozen spinach in it.  As long as I have blueberries no one can tell.  I now make my bagels, sourdough bread, wheat bread on Tuesday.  The pizza dough keeps in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.  This way I only have to clean the dough mess out of the cuisinart once a week.   I make 4 so there are leftovers the next day.  Last week Josh and Jake were heating up some pizza in the oven while I was gone and almost burned the house down.  They put it in the oven on broil and then went in the other room to watch the tv show "the office".  Luckily the smoke alarm went off.  The white oven is black on top and a little melted and the cabinet above is ruined.  So much for saving money making homemade pizza. 

3 comments:

Mary said...

I bet your homemade pizza tastes better than anything you could buy. Fun memories for your kids too. :)

I like your new blog.

Mommymita said...

Great idea to do all the dough mixing in one batch! Tell the boys to use the microwave next time!

Cathy said...

Emily! You are a great mom! You make homemade pizzas AND have a current blog. :-)