Thursday, October 22, 2009

A "cursed" Dinner

For Dinner I put a "curse" under each person's plate. Each person had to follow the directions of the curse throughout the meal. Everyone also had to try to figure out what curse each person had. The curses under our plates were:

John: spank anyone being mean
Me: flick water from your glass when someone says someone's name
Josh: answer the telephone whenever Joseph uses his hands to eat.
Natalie: Snort like a pig when anyone takes seconds
Jacob: Say "Oh My" anytime someone puts their elbows on the table
Caroline: Do a curtsey when Dad eats a shrimp.
Joseph: run around the table like a gorilla when Mom takes a drink.

This produced a lot of laughs. I realized I need to go over manners, because Jake never ceased to say "Oh My" and Josh got tired of answering the phone. John kept spanking me because I was flicking water at people. ha-ha I will have to change the curses next time. Also, it almost ended in a water fight because at the end I flick a little too much water at John who then dump the entire glass on me--Luckily most the water was gone from the table. The kids want me to surprise them with this one again.

4 comments:

Amy G said...

That is the best post I think I have ever read! Did you make up that idea or get it from somewhere? I wish my kids were all at home so I could do this. What great fun!

Cathy said...

What a fun game!! The food looks great! How did you cook your shrimp?

Heidi said...

What a FUN idea! I played Curses with my girls last week and this is an even more fun adaptation of it! I love it!

BTW, Julianna LOVES the pajamas that remind me of Carol Brady from the Brady Bunch. She wears them as much as possible and especially when we have company so she can show them off. I have been meaning to tell you. Thank you!!

Emily said...

Amy--I read about the idea in a book.
Cathy--We BQ the shrimp--the food and table look a little messy. :) I should of cleaned it up first. haha
Heidi--I am glad those much loved pjs are stilled being enjoyed.