Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Joseph!!!

Happy Birthday Joseph!! Joseph is definitely a ray of sunshine in our home. He usually is the first one up in the morning and greets me with a smile and "good morning". He is always happy and can put a positive spin on almost everything. He is very social and loves to play with cousins, friends, and new friends he makes where ever he goes. He keeps us laughing with all the funny things he says. He had a halloween birthday party with all his friends dressing up. We also celebrated on his birthday up at Oma and Opa's house with cousins.
Garage sale Presents:
Since Joseph is my last child, I have a really hard time buying new toys when I know I will get rid of them soon. Also, Joseph already has toys from his older brothers (legos, brio train, action figures, etc). For his presents this year I found all these great things at garage sales. I think the total I spent was 13.50. $5 for 28 chevron car collection. $7 dollars for a playmobile pirate treasure set and viking ship and 50 cents for 2 robots and 50 cents for a beanie baby. Joseph was thrilled will all his gifts and I don't get mad when he loses all the teeny tiny playmobile pieces.:)

5 comments:

Amy G said...

What a cute little kid! I think I need to start garage saling! I wish we had more time...We are here in Utah and dropping of the boys on Wednesday, but the days are packed with final preparations for entering the MTC. Maybe while they are all gone and if we travel up this way, eventually we can connect. Life is too hectic, but at least we keep in touch with blogging huh? Anyway, Happy birthday to your little guy! And happy day to you!

Mommymita said...

You are famous for your great parties!

I love that you got all the gifts at garage sales. I just wish I had as much discipline to save my purchases

Heidi said...

I love Joseph! That is great you did it all with garage sale stuff! I know the feeling of not wanting to spend lots of money for the last child. We feel the same way! I think I may take your lead and do the same next year.

Cathy said...

Emily those are great garage sale finds! It looks like Joseph had a fun party!

Cathy said...

Emily those are great garage sale finds! It looks like Joseph had a fun party!