Monday, December 7, 2009

14 DAYS TILL JOHNNY COMES HOME!!!!

I can't believe it has been two years since Johnny left for his mission. Time has flown, except for the last few months as I anticipate all my children in my home again. We are all so excited and can't wait to see, hug, talk to, hang out with, play with, and be with him. I feel like I did when I was nesting for a new baby. I have been deep cleaning the house, making up menu plans and cooking. I guess thats what moms do when they are excited. I know he will be surprised to see how some of the kids have grown, especially Natalie, Jake and Caroline. Jake's goal was to be taller than Johnny when he came home. :) I will post a before picture and after picture once he is here. This is a little excerpt from his letter today. I guess he is starting to think of coming home too.

"This week while in church i realized that I don' t really know what I have been used to do in this country, but God knows. Only He knows how many people I have been used to influence. I hope that this last few weeks I can influence as many people as I can. I am grateful for the experiences that I have had here and for the people that I have got to know here. It has been an amazing two years, that won't compare with any to come, but hopefully not the best (in other words I hope it only gets better:) full of happy and difficult times. I love this country and the language, and the poeple who live here. I will miss them.
But I love you and I can't believe that I will see you soon. I am very very excited."

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I am SOOO excited for you and your family!!! It will be wonderful to have your entire family together again. 2 years is a long time! :) Johnny is such a good boy. You should be so proud to be his mother and raising him to be that way!

Mommymita said...

I can't believe it has been two years!

Johnny has made more of a difference than he even realizes. I think especially with his companions and the members there but mostly with himself. It is kind of strange to think I have a nephew who might be more mature than me.

The kids are sad that they won't be there and said "That is going to be one great party when he comes home" Then Peter said "Maybe we could go back for Johnny's wedding because when you get home from your mission you have to get married"

Cathy said...

That's really exciting! We are so glad that he has enjoyed his mission. He is such a great example to his younger cousins!