Monday, February 22, 2010

Give a Day, Get a Disney Day

This is a picture of the ticket vouchers I printed off for Disneyland. Our family did the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day program. We made birthday bags for the juvenile justice Services and a quilt. The kids decorated each paper bag and put in a candy bar, drink, chips and a homemade card. We made 60 bags and Joseph tied a fleece quilt. We had a fun time doing this for family night. I was surprised at all the different opportunities for the children to serve as I browsed through the different options, I think I also found a Eagle project idea for Jake . This was a great way to serve as a family with the added perk of a free visit Disneyland.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Great idea Emily! Too bad you can't get a voucher if the kids are under 6.

Becca said...

That is great - when will you go? Maybe I should do a project and get free tickets for me, paul, and abby.

Emily said...

We are going for one day during Spring Break--which will be crazy, but the tickets are free so I will not be too worried if we don't see and do everything.

Mommymita said...

You've always got the best ideas! Thanks for sharing them with us