Thursday, January 15, 2009

Food Dreams

The new year has brought me new challenges and opportunities.  I was just called to be enrichment leader. I have less than 6 weeks to plan the Relief Society Birthday Dinner/Meeting for 80.  I am excited to work with the women in our ward and plan some fun and informative activities.  A week after this calling I was asked to be in charge of the food at stake girl's camp.  This means the planning, purchasing, and cooking the food for 300 people for 4 days.  I have a co-chairperson and we will be asking women to help cook while at camp. Needless to say I have been having cooking, menu planning, and food dreams.  Any great ideas are always welcome. :)

6 comments:

Mary said...

You always have good food at your house. I'm sure it will turn out great!

Mommymita said...

Emily if I was given that calling you'd be the first person I'd call for advice - your experience is sure to be a help to all of us!

Cathy said...

Emily you always have the best comfort food. I say use the same meal plan that you used for Johnny's farewell and you may even have to cut the portions because no one eats as much as our family.

Heidi said...

You will be so good in this calling! When I was watching you today in Primary with your announcements and you said what the theme was, I though that was so cute! You are always creative and I want you to know we REALLY missed you at our meeting for activity days last week! Anywhere you serve, you do a fabulous job!

Becca said...

I have food dreams all the time, too. But I'm sorry I don't think any of them will help.

I will try to remember my favorite girls camp food memories: taco salad, pancakes and sausage, BBQ pork sandwiches, smores made with chocolate chip cookies, fresh popsicles and ice cream brought up by the bishopric.

Bad food memories at girls camp: foil dinners never cooking, cereal with sour milk, and cold eggs.

Unknown said...

Emily, you are a treasure to have in RS. The presidency are raving about you and your great ideas!