Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Using grains


Yesterday was our wards first enrichment activity.  My theme for this years monthly activities is "Dollars and Sense".  Each month we will be learning about and discussing a different topic that will help us stretch our dollar or manage our resources better.  My friend Chris taught a class on cooking with different grains and the benefits of each one.  Not only are these healthier, but also so economical. I am excited to try to incorporate some in our family's meal plan. I really liked the Mexican flavored millet and the quinoa pilaf.  My goal this month is try to use one of these grains each week in some form.  This is the handout she made and my scribbled notes.  Just click on it and it will bring it up large enough to read. 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I wasn't able to go to this, but I would like to find out about it. Hopefully I will be able to go to the next one.

Mommymita said...

Thanks for inviting me - I'm going to try one out tonight

RayAnne said...

I'm so glad I went. Thanks for the invite. I'm now inspired to break open the cans that have been sitting in my storage. I made the millet pilaf last night. I loved it, but it had mixed reviews with the kids.