Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Fools

Every year my children expect me to "fool" them in some way.  Here is a list of a few of past pranks:

1.  after school snack--Oreos with toothpaste for the filling--This one was funny!! :)
2.  plastic bugs in cereal box
3.  red jello in clear plastic cup with straws. (this one they like me to do every year for dinner even though they know it is not juice)
4.  super glued quarters on the sidewalk.  We live next to the elementary school and the kids liked watching kids try to pick up the money when they walk by. :)
5.   We once woke up the kids at 11:00 pm and turned the clocks forward and said it was time for school.  After "breakfast" we told them to open the blinds and there was a sign "April Fools" on the window. 
6.  tape forks/spoons to table with clear tape.
7.  meatloaf cupcake with mash potato frosting.
8.  paper in sandwich that says April Fools.
9.  sewed the bottom of my husbands pj pants close.

Today I will freeze some milk in bowls and then add a little cereal to it in the morning with an additional milk.  I also may seran wrap some of my children's doors tonight.  The only problem now is that my kids are all getting old enough to trick me back.  My one daughter called from school last year and told me she was in the nurses office and they found lice.  I was horrified and sort of freaked out until she said April Fools!!!  I guess I have it coming to me!

More wordfull Wednesday here.




10 comments:

Amy G said...

Emily you amaze me with your mothering!!! What fun! When I grow up I want to be a mom just like you!!!! I'm thinking it might be too late, what do you think?

Mommymita said...

yeah - i'm nervous what the kids will do to me someday too

I should try the frozen milk one

Montserrat said...

We're having the meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting fro lunch today! My kids woke up totally expecting April Fool's pranks today because we do them every year too. But there weren't any which was the joke for today. They're still on pins and needles though expecting something.

Chaney said...

Thanks for the ideas!

Momza said...

Oh you gals are so inspiring for April Fools tricks...I need to do something! Maybe I'll tell my husband his vasectomy didn't work, ya think?

Heidi said...

Those are classic ideas! You are so creative and such a fun mom!

Becky said...

With such creative ideas, April Fool's NEEDS to be celebrated at your house. :)

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

What wonderful pranks! I didn't play any today, because my kids are off on an adventure for a few days. I'll have to keep these in mind for next year, bwahahahaha.

kjha said...

Those are so fun...I'm listing them in my pda for next year, and going to get the toothpaste RIGHT NOW! I had trouble thinking of funny things this morning but made the kids get ready super fast because I told them school was starting early every day this week. They actually liked the extra time to play this morning!

Aimee said...

Those are some great ideas. I always think I'll do something for April Fools, but then I draw a blank when the time comes and I don't do anything. Thanks for the help!