Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hawaiian Retreat


I just returned from a wonderful short vacation to Hawaii.  John was there on business and busy most of the 41/2 days, but it was nice to see him at night and relax on the beach during the day.  One of my favorite things was waking up whenever I wanted to and  running along the ocean each morning.  I also love the day when John and I kayaked to a small island and then to a secluded beach and went snorkeling.  While kayaking a turtle came right up to us and took a breath.  The water was so clear and beautiful.  The kids did great at home, in fact Joseph said, "Mom I like it when you are gone because I get to play with friends everyday." It is nice to know I was missed--ha-ha.

4 comments:

Amy G said...

Sounds like a great time! It is always good to get away!

Mommymita said...

I'm glad you had fun. You deserved it

Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a great time and came home to all of your kids alive and well!

Chris Hash said...

When the kids do fine when you're gone - when they tell you they actually like it - it's time to go some more! :-) Good for you Emily, you deserve it.