Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Easter Grass


Last week was our Relief Society Birthday dinner.  It was a little intimidating being in charge of this, but I had a great committee and it turned out great.  I particularly liked how the buffet table looked.  My friend Shannon grew all the wheat grass and I made the fruit "flower" basket.  Here is how to grow the grass for Easter or a spring decoration.  Takes about 8-10 days to grow.
     Grass How to:
basket lined with plastic
at least 1 1/2 inches of soil
wheat berries soaked over night in warm water
put soaked berries on soil and cover lightly with more soil
gently water soil
keep in warm spot and keep moist

3 comments:

RayAnne said...

It looks great Emily! I'm glad it turned out so well.

Heidi said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL spread!! I am impressed! I wish I had been able to go! Everything you do is great, Emily!

Cathy said...

Great spread Emily! I'm going to use some of your ideas for a Wedding shower that I'm helping out with in a few weeks. Yay!