Saturday, May 10, 2008

Garage Sale



My sisters wanted me to blog what I get at garage sales each week.  The things I was looking for this week:
  1.    Coat for Joseph next year
2.     Boots for Jake
3.     Cool chair for next to my desk
4.     Old barbies (Suz made 550.00 on some barbies she bought for 20.00)
5.     cedar chest
6.     cake platter for cheryl
7.     bundt pan for Al

This is what I found:
1.     North Face down sleep bag Natalie needs for girl's camp hiking trip 5.00
2.     box of nail polish for the girls .50
3.     Twilight book ( I had this book and loan it out and never got it back).50
4.     Children's desk atlas .50
5.     Two purses  2.00 each
6.     Kids birthday planning book.  1.00

Grand total:  11.50

So I did not find anything I was necessarily looking for but did get some things I needed.  Yesterday I was just at Target looking at purses.  I really like the canvas one for summer and the black will be great for fall.  The buckles are a little shinny but so were the ones at Target.  My girls are thrilled with all the nail polishes in the box.  All in all a great day at garage sales.  Time spent:  6:45 to 8:30.

2 comments:

Mommymita said...

good stuff- i especially like the canvas bag

Cathy said...

Emily. Great Finds!! I like the green canvas bag as well! :-) I'll keep an eye out for your hit list in Davis County. However, I've been disappointed by the garage sales so far.