Saturday, May 17, 2008

Random Things and Treasures

This weeks treasures:

pair of worn in jeans that fit great: 2.00
old navy spring skirt(cute a little tight) 1.00
book-Little Women .25
pack of new socks 1.00
6 pack of sprinkles 1.00
quilt 3.00
razor scooter(couldn't talk price down) 10.00
new air soft gun 5.00
new heartsong puppet theater
for doorway 2.00
6 pair of socks for Joe .50
total 25.75

I spent more than I usually do, but the kids needed the scooter with summer vacation around the corner and Jake was saving his money for an airsoft gun.  I told him he could have this one after he completed two of his merit badges.  I do not like these guns but the boys have fun with them when they wear all the protective glasses.  The quilt had a sham and 2 sheets that came with it.  It looks great in the spare room and really soft.  The puppet theater is brand new still in the wrapper.  The socks were a great find because the boys and Joseph never seem to have any socks even though I am constantly buying them.  I don't know if I like blogging my garage sale finds.  I feel like I have to explain why I am purchasing this stuff like I often do when John sees me come into the house with all the "junk" as he calls it.  He is ok with it as long as I get rid of some of our stuff.  The thought of blogging my purchases did make me think twice. I did not buy  a few other items because I knew my sisters would think, why did Emily buy that?. I still have not found the items on my list--the hunt will continue next week.  



1 comment:

Mommymita said...

Its not junk - just good practical stuff you could have bought anyways. Good work! I'm glad you are more selective now. I am too and it makes it that much more fun when you do find something great.