Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Queen for the Day

After church snack the kids said I had to eat in bed.
Breakfast in Bed
Breakfast:  German pancakes, easyover eggs, sourdough toast, bacon, milk, and slushy juice--Yum!!!
I was so full from breakfast that I did not want lunch but my children insisted I have a snack in bed.---toast, carrots, apples and more juice.


This sunday morning was one of the most relaxing motherday mornings I can remember.  Natalie set her alarm and started cooking.  Soon the other children were in the kitchen helping her.  I stayed in my bed and read the conference Ensign.  At 7:45 am my beautiful children brought in a lovely breakfast with cards and gifts.  This was more impressive to me because they did it on their own and they cleaned up their mess.  John was on his way home from Canada.  I loved all the small touches--the oragami flowers, straws in my drinks, and all the condiments next to the plate.  Most of all I loved the fact that I am blessed to be a mother and have these wonderful children in our family

4 comments:

Mommymita said...

Wow Emily! you've got some pretty capable kids. They also really know how to make a fun celebration.

All the pictures of the food made me full just looking at them.

Becca said...

That looks great. It is funny how the pictures make Al full, and they just made me hungry.

I was impressed to read that your kids did this all by themselves.

Yesturday, Abby and Andrew brought me a full breakfast in bed. Paul made and cleaned up the yummy breakfast, but it was the kids' idea. This was a first time in a long time that I was able to do my hair for church in something other than a quick ponytail.

Becca said...

Yesturday, Paul wished that we had a "Breakfast in bed" tray. so if you see one at a yard sale - we are in the market.

Mommymita said...

Becca - Ikea now has some breakfast trays