Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Pudding

When I was younger and there was a fresh snowfall, my mom would let us make snow pudding.
Basic recipe:  1 bowl fresh white snow(never yellow snow!)
   sugar to taste
   1/2 tsp vanilla
I loved it as a child probably because of the sugar.  It snowed today and as I look out on the sparkly white snow I wondered whether snow was indeed safe to eat.  After googling the question and reading a few articles I think I will still let my children catch snowflakes on their tongues but no more bowls of snow pudding.  One article I read said, "licking a little snow is OK....a meal of snow is not."  I guess it is time to retire this recipe. :(

2 comments:

Mommymita said...

I remember having a bowl of snow with syrup on top.

My kids always lick their mittens and one was caught licking the church parking lot.

i won't google it because then I'll be grossed out everytime I see them do it.

Heidi said...

That is such a cute idea! My kids are always eating snow, so now maybe I will discourage this! :)