Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas Binder

This year I am following the advice/idea of my friend, Chris and created a Christmas Binder. I don't know why I have not done or thought of this earlier. It has taken a lot of the stress out of the Holiday planning and preparing. In my binder I have included gift lists, things to buy, Christmas card lists and addresses, menu plans and recipes for the holidays, traditions, activities to do as a family, and a master to do list. Having it all in one place and written down makes it seem manageable. This is the first year I am done shopping before Thanksgiving. Yeah!!! I also have a zipper pouch where I have put all the gift receipts. I still have plenty to do, but it doesn't seem as overwhelming. Now I just need to find a good place to hide it from my children's curious eyes. :)

6 comments:

Chris Hash said...

Ha ha but yours is so much prettier than mine. Where did you get that gorgeous stencil?

RayAnne said...

Way to go Emily! I'm jealous your shopping is done. I just need some inspiration for Camille and Emma.

Cathy said...

Pretty Binder!

I might have to copy that idea. We could have a section for our lightshow! :-)

Becca said...

You must have a good hiding spot to keep your kids out of it.

Mommily said...

Actually that is not my binder. My binder is not even a Christmas color--hahaha --keeps the kids from finding it easily. :)

Chris Hash said...

Hey I have an idea - why don't you put a bogus, yucky Christmas gift list in your binder, and the real one somewhere else, and then "encourage" the kids to find the binder? Could be way too fun!