Monday, November 23, 2009

Modest is Hottest

  • Natalie thought up the post title. Hmmmm :)
  • Caroline and Natalie are modeling the dresses I bought for 7 dollars on clearance at American Eagle. The only problem was that they were too short. Here is how I refashioned them. On Caroline's dress, I let out the hem and added some eyelet. For Natalie's, I added a 2 1/2 inch trim to the bottom. They both were happy with the results.
  • Funny story about Natalie's dress. Natalie wore this to school the other day. While practicing in social dance she notice her partner had a funny look on his face. She followed where his eyes were staring and realized her dress had slipped down past her chest!! (good thing she had a shade t-shirt on). For the test, he told her he would hold it up. hahahaha---I guess I need add some ribbon or straps.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

So cute! They are cuter with the stuff at the bottom than without!

Cathy said...

Great idea Emily. I remember MOm would always tell me to wear a "dickey" underneath something if she thought it was too low cut. HA! I think these look a lot cuter! :-)