Monday, November 30, 2009

Cranberry Salsa

I made this for an appetizer for Thanksgiving. It is very easy to make and unique. Everyone loved it and wanted me to blog it.

2-3 cups dried cranberries (I got craisens from Costco) chopped
1 bunch of cilantro (chopped)
1-2 jalapenos (seeded and chopped)--I used one
1 purple onion (chopped)--if large just use half
Cover with the following mixture:
1/4 C honey (mixes best if warm)
1/4 C orange juice
juice from 2 limes

The recipe will easily cover 2-3 8 oz. cream cheese. Serve with club crackers or tortilla chips. Tastes best if made the night before so that flavors can blend.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Yum Emily! Do you mix anything w/ the cream cheese or does it just go on top?

Emily said...

It just goes on top. :)

Becca said...

This was soooo good - I preferred this to the pies it was served with. Thanks for the recipe!