Thursday, February 12, 2009

Caroline Cake Tips


For a moist cake:  let cool 5 minutes then wrap in plastic and freeze until you frost.  It will be easier to frost and yummier to eat.  

If you live in high altitude add 1/4 c. flour.

Instead of spraying the pan with PAM mix equal parts crisco, flour, and oil.  This can be stored in the cupboard or refrigerator.  Brush this on the pan sides and bottom and the cake will come right out.  I added 1/4 C of each and saved the rest.

This cake is called a mosaic cake and I made some of the roses and my teacher made some.  I did all the rest.   Roses were hard and I need to practice some more.

by: Caroline


5 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for the tips Caroline!

RayAnne said...

Looks good Caroline!

Heidi said...

I love the aprons! They are so cute! Caroline, that is one awesome cake and I loved the tips!

Becca said...

Looks yummy! I will have to try your tips.

Cathy said...

Caroline ... that cake looks GREAT!

We'll have to have a cake decorating family enrichment night!