Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Party


My mother loves Valentines Day and has thrown a huge party every year.  There are cookies to decorate, cards to make, games to play, food to eat and a program to watch.  The picture above with the little children give a sense of fun when many of us are together--and that is minus 14 children who were elsewhere when this picture was taken.  I think there was 54 of the family gathered.  It is always a little chaotic, but always a good time.  I loved the poem My Dad wrote and read to my mom.  Each of the kids went home with handfuls of dollar store prizes and treasures.

3 comments:

Amy G said...

What a wonderful tradition. I went to the link of the poem and read your dad's blog! Reading yours and your dad's make me want to start fun traditions like this, especially when I become a grandma and have all the grandkids over, since I'm somewhere in the middle of life right now! Need to do something like this for Ethan now! Thanks for sharing a little part of your life! Makes me want to be a better person!

Thinker said...

That was a fun function and nobody got sick this year! I wish I would have spent more time making cards though because Mom has great supplies

Heidi said...

What a great tradition! It sounds so fun! I want to do more traditions like that.