Tuesday, February 10, 2009

White Chile

This is one of my fast food recipes.  I adapted this recipe from my friend Lori for my electric pressure cooker.  Not only is this recipe fast, healthy but also economical.  It also is in the clean bowl club--all my children love it except one (there is always one).  I also love that I do not have defrost or soak anything.  I love my electric pressure cooker!!!

1 lb. bag Great Northern Beans
2 frozen chicken breasts
1 medium onion chopped
1-2 garlic minced
6-7 cups water
5-7 chicken bouillon cubes 
2 1/2 tsp cumin
1-2 can can chopped green chilies

Set your pressure cooker to saute and saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil.  Add frozen chicken breast, beans, water, and bouillon.  Set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 37 minutes with slow release.  When pressure comes down add rest of ingredients.  It will stay warm in pressure cooker till ready to serve. You can serve it with grated cheese, green onions, sour cream, and tortilla strips.

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

That was great and I'm glad you posted it here so I don't lose it