Sunday, June 8, 2008

Art City Fun Run





Saturday morning (7:30 am) the kids and I ran the 5K Nestle Art City Days Fun Run.  This is an annual family tradition that started when Natalie was 6 months old and I was trying to lose the baby weight and ran various 5ks to keep motivated.  This particular race is in our community and very family orientated with at least 1,800 racers of all different ages. This was the first year Joseph walk/ran the whole way without riding in the stroller.  It was a test on my patience as he sprinted to a dead stopped and then preceded to jump in puddles and dawdle.  I would not have minded except it was raining and cold and I was trying to keep the umbrella over both of us.  At the finish line he was excited and sprinted all out for a time of 48:56 (he was proud to beat me).   The 200 items given away in the prize drawing is what my children look forward to the most.  They also enjoy the Nestle/Stouffers hot pizza at the end and all you can eat ice cream bars, popsicles, etc.  Over the years the kids have won various prizes: Johnny won 500.00 towards a Disneyland vacation (that ended up costing us an extra 700.00 so the whole family could go), Josh won a new bike, John won case of soda and tennis balls, and this year Jake won a sweatshirt and a home cordless phone(he plans on returning it to wallmart for credit). Joseph also won this year a emergency car tool kit.  He was so excited and could barely carry it when he received it.  He immediately exclaimed, "I'm going to surprise Dad with this for Father's Day."  Though cold and wet, a great time!

2 comments:

Mommymita said...

Good job- I wish we could have joined in. It looks a lot colder than last year.

I'm so happy Joseph won something.

Heidi said...

We missed it AGAIN this year, but David, Parker, and Malia ran the Live wElle race the week before. Next year we will all do the fun run! We will see you at the finish line!