Thursday, June 19, 2008

T-SHIRT PANTS

Al cutting up t-shirt for future pants for Becca.












Al came down to Mapleton with her kids and as always was motivated to work on a project. The pants Natalie and I are wearing used to be t-shirts.  Natalie's blue tie dye was Johnny's shirt --hopefully he will not remember it when he gets home in a year.  Mine was a black t-shirt with the Swiss army logo centered on the front.  Al made some out of a more wild colored tie dye shirt but didn't want to be photographed.  We cut up the bottom of different older shirts for the foldover waist band.  It was a fun project that used otherwise unwanted shirts.  They are super comfortable.  We made a pair for Becca for transition post baby wear.  Al is making some for her little girls but using a pattern and laying it on the finished edge.  The idea is from Al's friend blogspot www.thismamamakesstuff.com.  It has a link on directions.  Great easy summer project. 

2 comments:

Mommymita said...

I think you should delete the photo of me cutting out. It takes away from the cute one of you two. Also I don't think I'm ever going to wear that shirt again.

My pants are super comfy though - I'm still wearing them.

Thanks again for a fun day.

Heidi said...

I'm going to have to come over and see how you made those. Although, I think I'll need an XXXL t-shirt to start with! :)