Friday, June 6, 2008

Quick and Easy Wheat Bread Recipe

Here is the no fail recipe Natalie used.  I usually make a different recipe that uses honey and applesauce instead of oil and less yeast--but that recipe is a little more tempermental.  This one turns out great every time.

In mixer(like a Bosch) combine:

4 Cups warm water
4 Cups whole wheat Flour
Mix on low speed until combined
Add :
1/4 Cup SAF instant yeast
Mix and let sit for 5-10 minutes

Add:
1/2 C sugar
1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
1/2 C oil

Mix on low speed.  Add 4-6 cups of wheat flour (one cup at a time) until it starts to pull away from sides of bowl, --smooth but still tacky.  Knead with mixer on medium speed for 6 minutes.

Turn on oven to 350 degrees.

I always either wet my hands with cold water or put shortening or butter on my hands when I form the loaves so they don't stick to my hands.   spray pans.  Let rise until 1/2-1" above pan rim.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Take out of pans and let cool.  YUM!
Makes 4 loaves

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Emily, I love comments so I am leaving them on some of your posts. I hope you don't mind! I love your blog, but I love you and your family, too, so it is really fun to read what you are up to! Keep blogging!