Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Night











 

For family night last night I told the kids we were having a "happy night".  I told them all to be prepared to tell 2 jokes, funny stories or embarrassing moments.  For dinner I surprised everyone with 7 happy meals from McDonald's.  We don't usually eat McDonald's and some of my kids haven't had a happy meal for years, but it went with the theme. (What do I do with 7 kungfu panda swans toys?) We sat on a blanket in the house and told all of our corny jokes.  The funniest part was that Joseph continued to try to make up funny stories that he said were jokes.  We all tried to figure out what the punch line was and would laugh.  We then played the "happy hanky" game.  Someone threw the hanky in the air and everyone laughed until it touched the ground.  Those who continued to laugh were out.  After this we all had fun playing on the playground at the park.   This was the scripture that went with the family night. 2 Ne  2:25  "Adam fell that men might be; and men are that they might have joy".  



5 comments:

Mommymita said...

I may have to do that next Monday for family night!

You guys always have more fun in Mapleton!

Mary said...

You always have the most creative ideas! What fun memories for your family.

Heidi said...

I LOVE this FHE idea! What a great memory you have given all of your kids! They will always remember the "Happy Night". I need to do more things like you do, Emily! You are the most creative, fun mom I know!

Mary said...

PS. Did you fly your "Happy Hickey Home" banner?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I finally found your blog. Well done! Just be careful not to make the rest of us feel too guilty for NOT being the ultimate fun Mom like you! Very impressive...