Thursday, June 12, 2008

My High School Musical 3 Birthday

On my birthday I took Josh and Natalie up to Salt Lake to East High School (Grandma's old high school) where they were filming Disney's High School Musical 3.  Natalie and Josh were scheduled to be extras in a scene being filmed that day.  Caroline begged to come with me so perhaps she could get a glimpse at some of the stars.  When I checked the kids in I ask the lady if I could stay and watch with my daughter?  She replied, "Why don't you be an extra too and you will be paid to watch."   So despite not shaving my legs, having my hair done and having a suitcase of clothing options like the other adult extras, I agreed.   Caroline and her cousin Becca were thrilled to be able to stay and watch.  Most of the time we all waited in the auditorium.  The scene we were in along with 200 other extras was one of all the kids arriving at school and the buses unloading.  Caroline was thrilled that Corban Blue(sp?) waved to her and Natalie actually talked to Vanessa.  My children loved it.  I don't think any one of us will be seen in the movie but it was fun to watch the process and my children and I each made 82 dollars (more money to upgrade the birthday camera I am purchasing). :)  Actually, you may see John's Hyundai parked in front of the school.  It was the most random thing I've ever done on my birthday, but John was out of town and I just wanted to be with and have fun with my children.   

4 comments:

Robin said...

Kelsey says, "That is SO awesome!"

Sounds like a fun and spontaneous birthday, Em!

Mommily said...

Robin,
Thanks for the birthday Email. Do you have a blog yet?
Emily

Mommymita said...

I haven't seen the other musicals but we'll have to rent this one.

Isn't this your second movie now? You are a star!

Heidi said...

That sounds like so much fun! I will be watching for you all when we see it on the big screen!