Saturday, October 25, 2008

Big Girl Dress Up














In the past few years I have sadly given away the majority of my girl's dress up clothes which they have grown out of. I use to love to watch them dress up and play princess, orphans,fairies, or other people from their imagination. Today at a garage sale I found these 3 vintage dresses.  I decided to start a collection of costumes/clothes for big girl dress up. Natalie, Caroline, and Natalie's friend Katie happily tried the dresses on as they giggled and spun around. You are never too young for a little imagination and fun right, Cathy?  

4 comments:

Mommymita said...

great finds. It is hard to justify $10 at a garage sale but I think you will get a good return of it

I like big kid dress up

Heidi said...

I love the dresses! I was at a garage sale a few weeks ago and found a beautiful dress that was a bride's maid dress in this girl's wedding. The girls LOVE dressing up in it. I have even considered shortening my wedding dress and letting them play in that too. No one will ever wear it again and it's a shame to have it just hang in the closet forever. They have already been playing in my veil for years. Dress up is still fun as an adult, too!

Mommily said...

I have shortened two wedding dresses that I found that my girls love to play in. Once Caroline and her friend went doorbell ditching in them. It was funny to see them running down the street in big white wedding dresses.

Cathy said...

YES! I LOVE the dress-ups! I had som much fun going to Natalie's Barbie party when I was in college. I remember some of the Moms thought I was funny. You are NEVER too old to dress up! Pete's family donated all of their old dress ups and now we have 3 tubs of dress ups - hats & wigs; kid dress ups; and grow-up dress ups.