Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Clothing genealogy


One of the great things about having 7 sisters is that clothing is passed around when someone cleans out their closets. Last weekend my two sisters benefited from Cheryl cleaning out her little girl's closets.  The other day I had to smile because I had received many compliments on my outfit and I realized I was wearing a sweater from Cheryl, shoes from Al, an accessory from Cathy and jeans from Becca.  We all enjoy it when anyone cleans out the closet, yet we are sad that not one of us fit into Cheryl's size 6 shoes--(she has great shoes).

I thought of this added blessing of sisters as Natalie was searching for things to wear in our dress up bin to wear for Crazy Dress Up Day at school for spirit week.
 
Genealogy of her outfit:      
Dr Martins shoes--Aunt Suz -(everyone loved these)
tights---Aunt Al
Flower shirt----I think Cathy, but may have been
given to Suz
shade shirt under crazy shirt--Aunt Cheryl 
shorts---Caroline
boa----garage sale
red hair---colored spray
I thought all of my sisters would get a kick out of seeing some of these old items on Natalie.

2 comments:

Mommymita said...

I remember those tights! cool outfit Natalie

Mary said...

Classic! I remember that flower shirt.