Saturday, October 18, 2008

Goblin Valley



















This was our family's first trip to Goblin Valley-- I thought it was appropriate time to go considering it is almost Halloween.  We camped for 3 nights on the BLM because the campground was full.  We found a secluded canyon to set up.  It was nice to have privacy, but having no regular bathrooms was a bit of a bummer.

Caroline was on her way to hide in this picture--I peeked!!
We went on a moonlit hike with the ranger the first night and learned all about how these "goblins" were formed.  It was really cool to walk around with flashlights at night.

Natalie, Jacob, and Joseph in a "goblin nest".

The second time we went in the morning.  We were a little tired from our 9 mile hike the day before, but still had fun playing hide and seek and exploring.  Hide and seek scared me because the park is so large, that I always peeked to see what direction my child was heading.  After going back to camp and eating lunch and resting for 4 hours we came back at 5:30 and had a blast.  The place was deserted and the sun was down.  We climbed to a cave Jake knew of and explored deep into the goblins.  We stayed till dark and made our way back with flashlights.  My kids thought the whole place looked like a movie set because it was so unreal looking.  Natalie said this was the coolest place.  We will definitely will come back here again.

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

Emily that does look really cool. How was the weather there? What did you eat? I want more details!!!!!

I want to copy your fun!