Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dress Your Best


For one of my value projects, I planned an activity for the young women and their mothers.  I asked Aunt Al (fashion expert) to come down and do a presentation on how to dress your best.  My favorite part of the presentation was when she told stories, gave tips on posture, and how to clean out your closet. I made handouts for everyone to hang in their closets to remind them of Al's points:
*Know who you are
*Know what will flatter your figure-good fit and posture
*What you wear underneath will matter
*Clean out your closet and keep it organized
*Take care of your clothes
*Have fun with accessories
*Be well groomed with your hair and make up
*Dress appropriately for events and activities
*Don't be a slave to fashion
*Never compromise your standard of modesty
It was really fun and I'm grateful for my aunt's help--Thanks Al!!

Natalie

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Natalie! That sounded like so much fun. I wish I could've come. Do you still have a handout? love ya

Mommymita said...

That was fun! I will clarify that I'm not really a fashion expert but I am a practical expert.

Also I should have taken my own tip and put on better posture in that picture.

Thanks for having me Natalie!

Heidi said...

I loved going to it! It was a great night!

Dad Wirthlin said...

Glad to hear that Al is giving the Young Women instruction... she even came home in a blizzard keep up the good work

Love Dad

Cathy said...

That's a great young women project! It's great to have Al around for a "Warddrobe makeover."

sunshine family said...

I think these are great tips! much needed in our home! thanks!

Kaley