Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wordfull Wednesdays--I am grateful

I am grateful that I am so busy today with my children, cooking, cleaning, and the holidays around the corner that I do not have much time to write this post.  This demonstrates to me how full my life is and the love that surrounds it. I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father from which these blessings flow. As I reflect on my blessing a peaceful feeling of quiet joy permeates in my soul.  I like what Thorton Wilder said, 

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."

I feel very "alive" with all the commotion and activity that surrounds me and is caused by my "treasures" and I am grateful for this.


7 comments:

Mommymita said...

I'm grateful to be sharing Thanksgiving with you this year because what you're making is sure to be delicious

Thanks for that quote I'll have to paste it to my laptop so when I get too caught up in social networking media stuff - like blogging and facebook I'll remember that it isn't really living

Montserrat said...

Oh, I ♥ that quote! What a great reminder to be aware of our "treasures" at all times.

kjha said...

I have been trying to put my feelings into words and that quote is just what I've been looking for! Thank you!

Sea Star said...

I often feel bad that I don't post everyday but then I have to remind myself that those days that I don't post are the days that were filled with snuggles on the couch reading books or games of candyland or other such fun.

I too love that quote.

Thanks for sharing.

Ratliffs said...

That is an awesome quote! Thanks for sharing!! (I think I'm going to have to nab it!)

Andrea said...

That is such a perfect quote. Thank you for sharing your perspective. I need to be a little more grateful for the busy times with my "treasures".

Richelle said...

Great quote. It is so important to remember our treasures and enjoy them! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.